Tuesday, December 8, 2015

sleepover with a friend Part 2 (8)


..................The red and yellow dots continued to invite themselves in through the window. How strange, I remember thinking, but how unfathomably beautiful at the same time. As for the clear figures, I counted ten as they glided around us over and over, sometimes stopping for a moment or two, and soon they'd continue to glide.

"I'm so scared, Andrea!" said my friend, as she cuddled up closer to me, which made me only profusely sweat.

We heard a pair of high heels clapping down the hall as the sound stopped right at my door. Who could that be? The eleventh light was coming for a visit. A moment later, a slender outline clear figure stood tall on my left with a wing-span that touched the ceiling and a dress that flowed to the floor. I felt within my heart this is my main light, the one that never leaves my side and peace overwhelmed my whole being. I always wondered, why the sound of high heels? Is it because we were young girls at the time and we'd be more familiar with its distinct slap on the floor? The night is like stepping from the world you've always known and experiencing a whole newer more flawless world. That was my ritual I experienced. Equivalent to learning how to dance with your eyes closed, because your audience is always present.

We ran downstairs and asked my mom if she had heard anything. Must I say what her response was? Of course she didn't hear any high heels and instructed us to go back to bed. Walking back into my bedroom, everything remained the same. I decided that we should do a little experiment and test it out. Let's sing a popular song that's on the radio. I don't remember what song it was, but I know it was a rock song. We belted out our voices as the obnoxious tone clashed together. 
Suddenly, everything that seemed to never end had abruptly vanished, including the flashing lights across the wall, the yellow and red floating dots. Completely gone. My main light no longer stood by my side...at least not that I could see at the moment. I remember feeling so amazed at this phenomenon.
Afterwards we said the 'Hail Mary' and the 'Our Father' and immediately our visitors of light made themselves known again. How amazing! At some point, the night got to us and sleep took over, and I could reassure you they were with us the entire night.



No comments:

Post a Comment